Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Thrihnukagigur

Once we hiked through the snow, and got down into the volcano - no words.

The first few are from the elevator down:





This is the ceiling from the elevator, right as it started to get colorful

People on the ground

And from the floor...

Here's the entrance. See the water falling down?



Just look at all these colors:






I mean, wow.



















When I was wandering around inside, I kept thinking of a conversation a writer friend and I had back when I was a senior in high school and he was a freshman in college. The result of that conversation was a poem that talked about how some parts of God's creation are just beyond human words. I think Thrihnukagigur pretty much defines that.

(And yes, I am copy-and-pasting every time you see Thrihnukagigur.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment