Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Reykjavik - Morning 2

I don't know if it was the fact that I'd been rising early to make my planes the last few days, or I had been an hour ahead of Reykjavik before, or that the sun rises really early in Reykjavik, or all three, but I was waking up pretty early while in Reykjavik. I did a lot of walking around and enjoying things while waiting for my tours to start. Here are the pictures from my second morning:

4:45 AM. Notice the sun is already above the mountains.




For as long as Iceland's been around, of course there's a lot of history in Iceland. Some of it's really old, like the Althing, but some of it was pretty recent. One recent piece of history from Iceland is the meeting between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev; this was during the Cold War, and the hot topic (no pun intended) was how to safely discontinue both country's nuclear program, or arms control. It turns out that my hostel was very close to the house they had their talks in:


That picture is the house from the back. Nice little place, isn't it?

By the way, in spite of their countries being at odds during their time in office, Gorbachev showed up at Reagan's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment