Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Thrihnukagigur - Elf Houses

No, I don't know how to pronounce that.

Thrihnukagigur is a dormant volcano where all the lava receded deeper into the earth before it cooled. As a result, all the beautiful minerals are still visible, and the inside of the volcano is glorious.

But before we got to descend into the most beautiful stones you will ever see, we had to first drive out to the site, and then hike out to the base camp. On the drive, we passed places that our bus driver said elves lived in:





Can you kind of see, especially in this picture, how the ground looks like it's covered in tiny little Hobbit-holes? Elves are supposed to live underneath them.






By the way - volcanoes, whale-watching, hiking... can you kind of see how my adventures in Iceland are a little different than the rest of Europe?

No comments:

Post a Comment