Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Dublin!

Sorry about my extended absence from the web, but last Sunday I came down with some kind of cold, and it got worse until today, when it finally started getting better. I did celebrate my birthday Tuesday by going on the Ghost Bus tour - probably part of the reason my cold got worse - which I will post about later.

Anyway, I'm staying at the YWCA on Baggot Street, which is conveniently close to St. Stephen's Square, Grafton Street, O'Connell Street (where all the tours leave from), and a healthy collection of pubs, shops, and restaurants. The weather has been decidedly chilly and a tad bit wet, but nothing that's prevented me from exploring the city so far.

Staying at the Y has given me the opportunity to meet many students from many different countries, including Germany, Spain, and Brazil. Most of them aren't staying as long as I am, and I suspect more will be arriving for summer term as May gets closer.

So, in short, it's been a fun experience staying in Dublin, and I'm sure it's going to continue to be exciting!

2 comments: