Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 2 - Epiphany

After getting back to Orvieto from Arezzo, we got to see the beautiful Epiphany celebration in Orvieto, which included a live manger, samples of hot wine (which we, unfortunately, were not allowed to try - I am coming back sometime when my school doesn't prohibit alcohol sampling) and a live choir. It began with a procession going through the streets to the manger scene, which the crowd follows. A little later, the procession of the Wise Men comes, since Epiphany is the celebration of the Wise Men's arrival - the Gentile Christmas. In Italy, we were told several times, Epiphany is as important as Christmas in America.

Pictures: 














No comments:

Post a Comment