Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 7 - Claudio Faina Museum

Our professors got us a deal - they got us all cards that granted us prepaid entrance into some of the local museums. I was on the phone with the airlines while the others went to most of the other museums (thanks for NOTHING, Lufthansa!) but after the Necropolis, my roommate was awesome enough to go to the Claudio Faina museum with me. It was started by a Conte Faina with a gift of several Etruscan vases from Napoleon's niece; he then passed it on to his son Eugenio, who left it to his brother Claudio, who moved it to Orvieto and opened it to the public. It includes a staggering collection of old coins and figurines, some of them in very good condition, and a whole catalog of other artifacts, some of which came from the Necropolis. I don't have any pictures, but if you ever get the chance to go to Orvieto, that is definitely a place to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment