Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sagrada Familia ~ Part 1

There is no way to adequately prepare you for the onslaught of pictures I am about to release.

The Sagrada Familia, or Sacred Family, is a beautiful cathedral designed by Gaudi, that I think will be larger than St. Peter's in the Vatican when it's finished. Last I heard, they planned to finish it in 2030.

I loved going here, because it's so completely different from other Cathedrals I've seen. Here, for comparison, is a picture from the outside of the Medici chapel in Florence:


And now allow me to present the Sagrada Familia:



















The outside looks like a cave! And here are some up-closes of the doors:


Yes, that is a metal spider. That is a metal spider on a cathedral door.

Basically, Gaudi loves nature. Wait until you see the inside!



No comments:

Post a Comment