Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Lisbon

When my plane landed in Lisbon, it was still technically morning. I got a hotel a block away from the train station, and only .2 miles away from Sao Jorge's Castle. So I decided to get lunch and then go to the nearby castle.

Two things I noticed right away. First: it was miserably hot and muggy. I got tan lines on my feet from my sandal straps, and they're still across the top of my feet.

Second: it was very artistic in a very powerful way. Barcelona was very artistic too, but I kind of felt like the city was shoving in my face how artistic it was. You cannot avoid it; it practically screams artistry. Lisbon was very different; instead of showing you it was artistic, it allows you to find it to be artistic.

Anyway... pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment