Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

HMS M.33 and End of Portsmouth

HMS M.33 wasn't open when I was at Portsmouth. She was part of the Royal Navy during WWI and is the only surviving ship from the British battle at Gallipoli. Her website is here.





Aaaannnddd... little bit of American history. Early in the existence of the American Navy, six powerful frigates were commissioned to help keep the peace and protect trade. One of them, the Chesapeake, was captured by the British ship Leopard. Parts of the Chesapeake were used to build a mill in Portsmouth. As for the Leopard ... she's remembered:


No comments:

Post a Comment