Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lisbon - Early Morning

Greyhound does this beautiful deal that runs tour buses through several large European cities. You can get tickets to two tours. The tickets are good for two days, and you can hop on and hop off as often as you want. (They're actually called Hop On, Hop Off tours.) Dublin had it, but since I was there for months, I didn't see any need to do any of the tours (except the Ghost Bus.) However, since my time in Lisbon was more limited, it made sense to take advantage of it. Anyway, here are some pictures from the upper deck of the bus:






The next pictures may blow your mind, but they are not photoshopped. Not even a little bit. You are about to see the Golden Gate Bridge right next to the statue of Christ the Redeemer:




No, not really. The same people who designed the Golden Gate Bridge also designed this bridge across the Tagus River. The statue in the background was commissioned by a Portuguese Cardinal after seeing the statue of the Redeemer in Brazil.






This was outside a museum dedicated to carriages. I didn't stop here.

The Monastery of Saint Jerome... built and furbished with money from the spice trade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment