Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Reykjavik

Why did I say "The Reykjavik"? Well, because I don't really know what else to call it. It was bigger than a town, but when you see fewer cars all day than you see at a single intersection in Wauwatosa, when you can smell mineral springs instead of coffee or gasoline, and when you can stand in downtown and still hear your heart beating (I'm writing this in a library, and it's already too loud for me to hear my heart beating) then it can't be a city.

I think with Americans (and probably Europeans) the word "city" doesn't just imply size, but also content. Cities have certain noises and certain smells that Reykjavik didn't have. Size-wise, it could definitely be classified as a city (not a big city, but still a city) and it certainly had shops, restaurants, tourist traps, and landmarks, but it was really different from any other city I've been to.

Here are some pictures from the previous night and the early morning:




Marta!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment