Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hallgrímskirkja

"Kirk" comes from the same place as the word "church;" Hallgrímskirkja is Hallgrím's Church. It's technically a Lutheran church and you can see the tower from just about anywhere in Reykjavik. The architect, designed it to look like an Icelandic glacier. The acoustics are beautiful, and from the clock tower you can pretty much see all of Reykjavik.

I'm uploading some of these pictures as X-Large, just because I don't think the medium size can really capture what the church felt like.




A lot of Iceland was filled with light that my camera just couldn't capture. Remember how earlier I said the mountains gleamed like Minas Tirith? Standing in this church felt like I was standing in the center of that gleam. My camera just couldn't catch it.

The Baptismal Font




I don't know who this is







No comments:

Post a Comment