Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

How I'll Post Pictures

Posting pictures from Turkey will be a little different than from Europe for a few reasons. First, there's a new rule in place that doesn't allow passengers on flights from Istanbul to the US to have electronics larger than a cell phone in the cabin, which means that if I were to bring my larger laptop, I would have to stow it in checked baggage. That just seems like a good way to get it stolen or broken, so I'll be leaving that at home. This means that, unless there's a computer everywhere we stop (which I doubt), I won't be able to add photos from my Kodak camera right away. Furthermore, you couldn't pay me to blog on my phone for two weeks. I'm doing it right now, and it's a pain. I will try to bring along my old Netbook, since I doubt anyone will want to steal that, but it also has limited capabilities. Ergo, there might be a huge pause in my posting, followed by an avalanche of posts.

Wait a minute... That sounds exactly like Europe! Guess it really doesn't affect me! 

The real reason is that some of these pictures are part of someone else's project, and I wouldn't feel right sharing them. I will link to them when they are posted, but don't look for them on this blog. 

There will definitely be plenty of pictures that I'll be taking just for this blog, and because the first part of this trip follows one of Paul's missionary journeys, it follows a story. That means there will be a lot more story to tell than in my Europe posts. I'm taking off for the first leg of the trip just two months from yesterday - I can hardly wait! 

2 comments:

  1. Why, whatever do you mean? Typing on a phone isn't a pain in the rear at all! It's so fast, and simple. Especially if you have that infamous 'smart'phone version of spell-check that auto-corrects intelligent conversation into gibberish.
    Then again, it would work great for humorous blog posts. "So I traveled through Banana and took some great pitchers." Of course, then the law officials (which look kind of like anthropomorphic fruit) would be after you for stealing pitchers. Guess you should have chosen your words more carefully. Write that you took phonographs instead.

    ReplyDelete