Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Croatia!

Warm, sunny, beautiful, colorful Croatia!

Yep, I am now in Dubrovnik, and loving it. Dubrovnik is called the Pearl of the Adriatic; it's one of those countries in between Italy and Greece. See it here, between Slovenia and Bosnia:


It's a lovely place with lots of history. It also has over 1,000 islands, and from what I've seen so far, nearly everything in Dubrovnik is related to the sea.

Pictures from my first day:


This is just outside my hotel

On the beach


Panoramic of the beach



On my way to dinner

At dinner - this restaurant was called Agora

The red things draped over the chairs are shawls for anyone who gets too cold

Spaghetti with seafood - Dubrovnik has a lot of seafood

Croatian money. The exchange rate is currently 7 Croatian kuna for one US dollar - meaning that that hundred kuna bill is only worth about $14.



Here it is at sunset


1 comment:

  1. I remember when my parents and I were driving back home from visiting family in Washington, and we took a route near the ocean. It took us a day longer to get home, because we kept stopping to enjoy the awesomeness of the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete