Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 4 - The Shinkansen!

Otherwise known as the bullet train!

I remembered reading about those when I was a kid in elementary school, but I wasn't sure whether I'd go on one this trip. Well, it turns out that when you're traveling from Tokyo to Kyoto, the best way to go is by shinkansen.


Bullet train is an appropriate name!

The trip of Tokyo to Kyoto only took us about 2 hours, and we got to see Japanese scenery and towns as we traveled.


The part that I was most excited about was how different all the buildings look. In China and South Korea, the buildings all look very similar.



That's definitely a mountain... but I don't think we were ever able to verify whether it was Fuji or not. Without snow in October, I'm guessing not. 







Maybe Fuji? I still think it's a different mountain


Check out how cool some of those houses are!

The tall pink one made me smile

Some kind of farm... possibly a rice farm? I'm not sure...

Anyway, after the shinkansen ride, we reached Kyoto, which might be my favorite city in Japan. Lots more on that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment