Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Tokyo, Day 2 - Tokyo Station

I went to the Sensoji Shrine by myself, but a couple of hours after that, my wonderful, genius, patient, pleasant, sweet, long-suffering, brilliant chef of a roommate (she reads this blog) arrived in Tokyo. As part of the afternoon, we decided to head to Tokyo Station.

Something really neat about the subway stations in Japan is that around each subway stop is a variety of shopping and eating places. The one nearby our hostel was minimal, but apparently the grandest one is Tokyo Station.

There is an entire two rows dedicated to anime stores, and since I've gotten into that a little bit, I had a lot of fun looking at those. We also wandered around the rest of the station, too!

First, this is the escalator down into the subway station:


Next, pictures from the anime section!

This is the Miyazaki section
 And............ everyone knows this next section!

Gotta catch 'em all!


I don't know if I mentioned this, but we were there at the beginning of October. Apparently Japan really gets into Halloween (at least the touristy parts do), so we had fun seeing Pokemon in Halloween costumes!


Pikachu in an Eevee costume!

Look at all the costumes! I especially love the Sableye dressed up as a Litwick!

I love Pokemon Go, but I don't know this team...

So cute!!

After that, we went wandering around the subway station, and we found a candy store. Entirely to my delight, we got to see a guy making hard candy!


After that, we went to dinner. After dinner, we went home, but not before I saw this beautiful room:



No comments:

Post a Comment