Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Ueno Park

If I understood the tour guides correctly, Tokyo is a large city made up of little cities. The first day I was floating around the area called Ueno. If you look at it on Apple Maps, it's a giant green park in the middle of a bustling place.

First off, there's a massive pond right outside the Shitamachi Museum with a shrine built in the middle of the pond:





Then there was a nice park to wander around with beautiful gardens and statues:

I don't think that's a totem pole, but wow, it looks like a totem pole!!!!!!!

Then, there was this water fountain:

The water goes straight up!
That's just a quick overview of Ueno. It was also full of shrines and temples.

Oh, and the oldest zoo in Tokyo.

I'm going to have separate posts about each part of Ueno, for the sake of low-data blog posts. So, keep your eyes peeled for those posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment