Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Friday, October 26, 2018

Nara

Nara is a city in Japan that has lots and lots of Buddhist temples, but it is mostly famous for its deer park. There is a large park in Nara where deer live wild, and people can walk around and look at the deer.

It turns out that my flight into Osaka meant I missed the earliest bus I could get to Nara, and the second earliest bus got me there after 8 PM. Most things of interest in Nara were closed. But I figured that it couldn't hurt to walk around and look! The bus dropped me off very near the deer park, so I decided to walk up and see if there were any deer near enough to the edge for me to see.

It turns out that the deer park does not close! So I walked around and saw some of the wild deer in Nara's deer park.


Nara also has a whole host of Buddhist and Shinto shrines scattered around it. All of them were closed, but you could still see some of them.


Then there's this shrine, or monument, or something... I'm not sure, since there was no English sign. but it was in the train station:


After this, I had to get on the night bus, so I didn't see more of Nara. But there's still lots of stuff from Tokyo to see, so be on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment