Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Glendalough- Day 2

Day 2 was colder and windier, but it was also sunnier. I don't have as many pictures because my iPhone was out of battery, so all I had was my iPad. These pictures are mostly scenery, but this time I found the site of St. Kevin's cell (I missed it Friday.)

Pictures:
I decided to do one of the really long hikes - about 2 hours - that promised a good view of upper lake. This is about twenty minutes up.
A little farther up


A little farther


Aaaaaand... the promised view. I tried for about twenty pictures of it, and there is no doing it justice.

This was when I came back about 40 minutes later.

This was, according to a sign, the site of St. Kevin's beehive hut, from when he still lived in solitude.

And this was his view.

A view of the lake from below Kevin's hut

I had some more pictures of the monastic site, but I don't see any need to post them, since I think Friday's were much better, so unless someone really wants to see them...

No comments:

Post a Comment