Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Preparations

Safe home in Seattle after finals. Preparations now begin for travel to Europe!

While I was browsing magazines for traveling supplies, mostly compact backpacks, I found a line of RFID-blocking wallets and other purse-like items. I had to ask what they were, and once I knew what they did, I was mildly surprised. The first I had heard about RFID was on an NCIS episode, and I didn't know those things were real.

1 comment:

  1. Have a good time in Europe! You know we have a different electrical voltage over here?

    A lot of stores use RFID for stock inventory. Vets use them to micro-chip pets as well.

    ReplyDelete